CATFISH CORNER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CATFISH CORNER

Catfishing Stories and Tips

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ENTER CHAT ROOMENTER CHAT ROOM  

Got My Buck

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dudlbugr

dudlbugr

Number of posts : 35
Hobbies : Fishin', Huntin', Honky Tonkin'
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Got My Buck Empty
PostSubject: Got My Buck   Got My Buck Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 12:44 am

Finally got me a nice buck today y'all. I'll put the pictures up tomorrow, but he was a 19 inch inside spread 8 point. 220 lbs on the hoof, and I shot him at 75 yards with a 45/70 Handi-Rifle. Not a monster, but, as he's the first deer taken off of my "big buck" place (there's bigger ones over there), he's going on the wall! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
flatiator

flatiator

Number of posts : 319
Hobbies : Catfishing
Registration date : 2007-03-01

Got My Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got My Buck   Got My Buck Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 1:32 am

Congrats Reb ! thats a monster in my book !!
Back to top Go down
Redbeard

Redbeard

Number of posts : 258
Hobbies : Fishin, Piddlin on the farm
Registration date : 2007-03-05

Got My Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got My Buck   Got My Buck Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:20 am

Congrats Reb, That sounds about like the one I got hangin on the wall. Not too big, not too small, jest right........ What it cost you fellas down ther to get one mounted. last one I had done cost me 225.00. Just curiouse.
Back to top Go down
radish

radish

Number of posts : 48
Hobbies : fishing & hunting
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Got My Buck Empty
PostSubject: deer   Got My Buck Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 9:34 pm

I had one mounted last year. It costed me 375.00. I used Cole Davis at Winona, MS
Back to top Go down
dudlbugr

dudlbugr

Got My Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got My Buck   Got My Buck Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 10:43 pm

Got My Buck IMG_2740

Left to Right: Reb, the buck, Max, and Greg.
Got My Buck IMG_2742
Max and Greg helped me find him, just to make sure I didn't lose him. He dropped a lot of blood, and I'm pretty confident I would have found him, but I brought in Max and Greg just to be sure. Max went almost straight to him!

Got My Buck IMG_2741
Back to top Go down
dudlbugr

dudlbugr

Got My Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got My Buck   Got My Buck Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 10:47 pm

I had this one mounted last year, for $375.
Got My Buck IMG_2407a

John O'Connor did the mount for me, from Leland, MS, and he's going to do this one for me, too. Going to drop him off tomorrow. With any luck, maybe he'll do another one for me next year!
Back to top Go down
Redbeard

Redbeard

Got My Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got My Buck   Got My Buck Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 1:44 am

Nice one Reb, I like that second one with the drop tine. The first one is nice and semetrical. Its been 4 years since I been huntin, so I imagine the price has gone up.
Back to top Go down
flatiator

flatiator

Number of posts : 319
Hobbies : Catfishing
Registration date : 2007-03-01

Got My Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got My Buck   Got My Buck Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:00 pm

Nice bucks Reb! what kinda gun did you shoot him with, i see it in the photo but cant tell,lol,,,its been about 10 years since i had one mounted it costs me 225 back then , i think
Back to top Go down
dudlbugr

dudlbugr

Got My Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got My Buck   Got My Buck Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:46 pm

Scott,
I shot the top one this year with a 45/70... "primitive" weapon. The one below, with the drop tine, was shot with a .270. I actually shot him as a 7 point, which was kinda weird 'cause my club was on 8 points or better with a 15 inch spread minimum. I got one good look with him facing me, and knew he was wide enough. He turned out to be about 12 or 13 points, depending on how you classify a point... He had 13 you could hang a ring off, but only 12 that were at least 1 inch long.
Back to top Go down
dudlbugr

dudlbugr

Got My Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got My Buck   Got My Buck Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:48 pm

Oh yeah... The mounts have gone up to $400. It's actually $350, but you got to buy the hardwood plaque for $50 extra.
Back to top Go down
Redbeard

Redbeard

Got My Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got My Buck   Got My Buck Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:01 am

Damn, you aint gotta have a plaque LOL. you got a saw? Dang, I need to be in the plaque makin business, I got all the tools. LOL. 400 bucks. doggone thats a chunk a change.
Back to top Go down
radish

radish

Number of posts : 48
Hobbies : fishing & hunting
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Got My Buck Empty
PostSubject: deer   Got My Buck Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 8:56 am

very good bucks. I need me one.
Back to top Go down
Redbeard

Redbeard

Got My Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got My Buck   Got My Buck Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 8:50 pm

Went huntin all day Saw one buck, just a glimps so I couldnt tell what he amounted too. Never could get him to come into range (bow) He sure liked that thicket though has it all torn up. only deer I saw all day, wind blowing to beat heck and cold as a witches *** . Went to town to get some video's an there were 16 does standin up top. not a buck amongst them. Have to check the regs about takin a doe, cuz they sure do need thinned out. I think Im allowed one with a bow. Supppose to be 11 degrees in the mornin, dont reckon I will go huntin. Sleep . Mac
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Got My Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got My Buck   Got My Buck Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got My Buck
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CATFISH CORNER :: CATFISH TALK :: CC's Campfire Conversations-
Jump to: