CATFISH CORNER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CATFISH CORNER

Catfishing Stories and Tips

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ENTER CHAT ROOMENTER CHAT ROOM  

New from Tallahassee

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Capt Reggie

Number of posts : 29
Hobbies : fresh & saltwater fishing, fly fishing, upland bird hunting
Registration date : 2008-05-31

New from Tallahassee Empty
PostSubject: New from Tallahassee   New from Tallahassee Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 5:24 pm

fishin Hello everybody!
My name is Reggie and I hail from Tallahassee, Fl. At the tender age of 60 (and now retired from any real work), I have been fishing for catfish most of my life. I really enjoy the challenges that diversified catfishing is all about, especially fishing in new environments and for new catfish species - like the Flathead. I realize many of you out there are "old hands" at fishing for this flathead kitty, but my fishing partner and I are really newbee's to the sport and we need a lot of help.
Today I went by the book store and purchased Pro Tactics Catfish, by: Keith "Catfish" Sutton. Two weeks ago I went "on line" and downloaded several webpages of information on catfishing, to include the CATFISH CORNER. Last week, Gene and I went over to the Flint River, below Bainbridge, Ga., to try our first assault on catching the flatties. We scored two small ones after a day of bungling around the river. Not bad for a first adventure, I think. You tell me!
Hopefully, I can learn from some of your advice, as well as from the new book, and put some tactics together for another trip in a week or two. With gas the price it is at and my big boat that likes to drink it, I have to plan carefully each trip to a river or lake, for sure. For now, I would like to concentrate our efforts on the Flint River (above and below Bainbridge) and the general Lake Seminole areas, maybe the Apalachicola River, too.
So, how about some help out there. I promise to return the favor. I am a member of the North Florida Gulf Fishing Club (that means I fish fresh and salt water) and a club officer with the Florida Big Bend Flyfishers (I am a fly tying instructor, also). hooked
Back to top Go down
radish

radish

Number of posts : 48
Hobbies : fishing & hunting
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: New from Tallahassee   New from Tallahassee Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:53 am

Welcome Capt. to the Corner. Just ask some people on here will be glad to share.
Back to top Go down
Capt Reggie

PostSubject: Radish reply   New from Tallahassee Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:37 am

sunny Well thank you, radish. It is good to be on board. I did make a few queries this morning over on another spot at this site having to do with Drift Rigs and Anchoring! Rolling Eyes I know some of you will respond as soon as you can. It is a large learning curve for me. I can see the more you "think" you know a few things about catfishing, the more educated you need to become from experience and mentors! Question I readily admit that I need a lot of "coaching". I hope to find a person or two around my area that will spend a few hours helping me get squared away with Flathead catfishing techniques. popcorn
Back to top Go down
flatiator

flatiator

Number of posts : 319
Hobbies : Catfishing
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: New from Tallahassee   New from Tallahassee Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 7:48 pm

Welcome to CC , Capt Reggie!!!

I could sit here and type my life away on flathead fishin,LOL, dont get me wrong we love to share catfishin techniques here on CC but I think it would be better if you visited Robbie's site ,,he has tons of flathead fishin info already there for the reading,, here is the link http://www.stormpages.com/katchaser/

and Cactus"Coach" Bob will answer your questions on the rigging and anchoring technique, as soon as he gets a chance,, since he is the one that came up with both ideas,, alot of members on this site are busy gettin ready for our fishin trip comin up this week

Welcome again,, glad to have ya!
Back to top Go down
Capt Reggie

PostSubject: Re: New from Tallahassee   New from Tallahassee Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:17 pm

Very Happy Thanks, flatiator - I'll check out that site tonight...fella like me needs all the help he can get until I get some more experience under my fat belly! I think I'm going to like this site just fine. There is a lot to be learned and it seems like there are some willing people to help me. I promise to pass along the favors, believe me. Maybe one day (when I get good enough) I'll join some of you in these fishing trips. I kind of feel like that is where the real lessons are learned - on the water, with friendly catfishermen, eh. beerchug
Back to top Go down
Capt Reggie

PostSubject: Katchaser web site   New from Tallahassee Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:34 am

study Many thanks for pointing me to the Katchaser website, flatiator. I feel like I just graduated from grade school now. I guess it will be on to high school and then to college!

Are there any magazines about catfishing out there anywhere? I went to the book store the other day (where I purchased a very good book on catfishing) but could not find any magazines about our beloved sport. I swear there use to be at least one magazine about catfishing years ago? Question

QUERY: Are there catfishermen around my area out there (Tallahassee to south Georgia & Alabama) who fish the Flint River (above and below Bainbridge, Ga.), Lake Seminole (Fl. or Ga. sides), the Chattahoochee River (Fl. Ga., Al. areas), &/or the Apalachicola River on the Florida side below the Jim Woodruf Dam? pirate2 If so, please get in touch with me as I would like to hear about the fishing in these areas, please.
Back to top Go down
trublu

trublu

Number of posts : 90
Hobbies : fishin,fishing and shooting and camping
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: New from Tallahassee   New from Tallahassee Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:37 pm

welcome to the site mate
all the best

trublu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New from Tallahassee   New from Tallahassee Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New from Tallahassee
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CATFISH CORNER :: WELCOME CENTER :: New Member Introductions-