CATFISH CORNER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CATFISH CORNER

Catfishing Stories and Tips

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ENTER CHAT ROOMENTER CHAT ROOM  

Need 2 find a catfishing hole in Dallas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CiaLee2000

Number of posts : 1
Hobbies : Fishing, Billiards
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Need 2 find a catfishing hole in Dallas Empty
PostSubject: Need 2 find a catfishing hole in Dallas   Need 2 find a catfishing hole in Dallas Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:47 am

Looking for a catfishing spot near or around Dallas Texas. Please someone give me some honey holes near Big "D" and what type of bait is best? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Redbeard

Redbeard

Number of posts : 258
Hobbies : Fishin, Piddlin on the farm
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Need 2 find a catfishing hole in Dallas   Need 2 find a catfishing hole in Dallas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:40 am

Most of us arent from that area, but Just north of ya is Lake texoma, big blues in there. Dallas is about a 5 hour drive from me , so I know Texoma wouldnt be too far for you. Break out the texas atlas and go to lookin for water holes Idea Smile Shad in most lakes is best for catfish unless your after flatheads then put on a perch if its allowed in texas. Sometimes they will eat cut shad. Good luck to ya, and welcome aboard, hope you come back and tell us how you have done in your quest.
Back to top Go down
nelacatman

Number of posts : 55
Hobbies : fishing, hunting, country music
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Need 2 find a catfishing hole in Dallas   Need 2 find a catfishing hole in Dallas Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:51 pm

If I was in Dallas I would look into Lake Texoma. Just take 75 north outta Dallas and follow the signs. Big fish lake, lots of guides available if you need one. If you have a boat just locate the river channel and get to fishing. It wasn't long ago that a world record catfish (since been beat) was caught while fishing from the bank.

Another place would be Lake Louisville. It do get crowded on the weekend with jet ski's and water skiers so be sure to carry a good 12 guage and plenty of 7 1/2's to pepper them with.

Nela
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need 2 find a catfishing hole in Dallas   Need 2 find a catfishing hole in Dallas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need 2 find a catfishing hole in Dallas
Page 1 of 1