CATFISH CORNER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CATFISH CORNER

Catfishing Stories and Tips

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ENTER CHAT ROOMENTER CHAT ROOM  

Cast or throw nets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Cast  or throw nets Empty
PostSubject: Cast or throw nets   Cast  or throw nets Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 1:08 pm

most of the time i hang my net on junk and tear beyond what i want to try and repair so i try and keep a new net in the boat at all times usually buying 3 to 5 nets a year but once in a while the net i using or when i buy a cheep net that is very stiff i borrow a 1/2 cup of wifes fabric softener from laundry room and put it in a bucket add about 1 1/2 gallon of water and drop the mono. net in over night , it sure softens up the mono net and makes it more easy to throw and it smells good to , well smells good for a little while anyway. LOL
how to throw a cast net
http://www.ausfish.com.au/castnet/
Back to top Go down
Redbeard

Redbeard

Number of posts : 258
Hobbies : Fishin, Piddlin on the farm
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Cast or throw nets   Cast  or throw nets Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 1:30 pm

Good suggestion Everett. Never thought about fabric softner. Wink
Back to top Go down
gottafish

Number of posts : 5
Hobbies : fishing
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Cast or throw nets   Cast  or throw nets Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 8:03 pm

I'm still trying to come up with a way to do it, but if you can get something down to the top of the net and hook it (you know - the ring - whatever it's called) and pull the net up "from the top" it will come right out a large majority of the time.
Back to top Go down
Tony Jr

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Cast or throw nets   Cast  or throw nets Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 2:01 pm

Cool Cool Never thought about doing that to soften them up! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cast or throw nets   Cast  or throw nets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cast or throw nets
Page 1 of 1