CATFISH CORNER

Catfishing Stories and Tips

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  ENTER CHAT ROOMENTER CHAT ROOM  

Share | 

Circle Hook's or J Hooks on Rod & Reels?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Troutless

Number of posts : 15
Hobbies : fishing/ kayaking
Registration date : 2007-05-06

PostSubject: Circle Hook's or J Hooks on Rod & Reels?   Mon May 07, 2007 8:37 pm

I'm just getting back into catfishing after a thirty year absence. I fish saltwater most of the time ( Surfishing) and have been using circle hook's for Bull Red's and Shark's for several years on the beach. I started fishing several months ago with some guy's from church at Bentwwater Yacht Club and just continued using the circle hooks and my rate of hookups and better than there. I just wanted if you guy's use them for rod and reel fishing, and what you guy's think of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flatiator

Number of posts : 319
Hobbies : Catfishing
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Circle Hook's or J Hooks on Rod & Reels?   Tue May 08, 2007 3:23 pm

I have always been a diehard J hook man, but I miss quiet a few fish on rod and reel and recently swapped to circle hooks just to test them out and see if they are better and my hook ups have improved, so I am prolly gonna swap to circle hooks for good, if my hook up ratio continues to improve.

If Im missin....Im gone catfishin
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Circle Hook's or J Hooks on Rod & Reels?
Page 1 of 1