CATFISH CORNER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CATFISH CORNER

Catfishing Stories and Tips

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ENTER CHAT ROOMENTER CHAT ROOM  

fishing report

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

fishing report Empty
PostSubject: fishing report   fishing report Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 11:04 pm

went every other day this week up to a small lake white caped every day from wind except today , today the white caps were coming from the big ski boats lol but dats ok , its every bodys to play in and i still caught 8 channels no size much just eaten size best i done this week was bout 10 lb channel first of the week but hey new week starts tomarrow lol. man i been waiting all day on coach and scott to post up with a nother munster catch wonder what happend to thoes bro's .
Back to top Go down
trublu

trublu

Number of posts : 90
Hobbies : fishin,fishing and shooting and camping
Registration date : 2007-07-18

fishing report Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing report   fishing report Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 3:41 am

hahahaha
well done drifter
whites caps from speed boats hey,
sounds like blu was there .
well done drifter
are the boys back yet from there trip mate
trublu
Back to top Go down
cactus bob

cactus bob

Number of posts : 166
Hobbies : catfishing
Registration date : 2007-03-01

fishing report Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing report   fishing report Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 4:46 pm

........ tough weekend drunken takes an old man a day to recover so he stops shaking enough to type ........... bom ............ posted under flatiator and fred thread ............. c ya'll ...........
Back to top Go down
Redbeard

Redbeard

Number of posts : 258
Hobbies : Fishin, Piddlin on the farm
Registration date : 2007-03-05

fishing report Empty
PostSubject: Fishin partner in training   fishing report Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 11:37 pm

Jennie and I went to the lake yesterday and lastnight, caught our bait, I actually won this time 10-1 which as I was told made me the "masterbaiter" lol! anyways once we got the bait, we went to lookin for "flatty" Lookin areas, found a few then settled on a cove that went up between 2 rock cliffs, and there was a tree down in the water, good I thought. Now, I aint sure what the hell was up on the bluff, be it animal or redneck hillbilly, but somethin kept chunkin big rocks in the water, and we didnt get a bite after a couple hours. Moved on up to the upper end of the lake which is a mud flat and found a spot that had huge rocks in the water edge, so we set up there, fished until 3am and only had one bite. So, we have decided to say screw this lake until everything settles down, Tons of boats on it everyday. as for the fishin partner, I got her trained to back the boat in the water which is something she didnt think she could do, then when we left I had her fetch the trailor and she did just fine. Thats my report, we gonna wait until after this storm rolls thru tommorow then hit the river. pirate2 beerchug
Back to top Go down
dudlbugr

dudlbugr

Number of posts : 35
Hobbies : Fishin', Huntin', Honky Tonkin'
Registration date : 2007-03-04

fishing report Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing report   fishing report Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Redbeard,
when them rocks was fallin' in the river, you didn't hear no banjo playin' did ya?
Back to top Go down
Capt Reggie

Number of posts : 29
Hobbies : fresh & saltwater fishing, fly fishing, upland bird hunting
Registration date : 2008-05-31

fishing report Empty
PostSubject: Rock Throwing?   fishing report Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 9:05 am

affraid Er, Mac, did you hear any "wood knocking", too? I hate to tell you this but maybe one of them "skunk ape's" afro was upset at ya'all invading the territory? Laugh if you want to but, maybe, just maybe, there is something to all this "Monster Quest" foolishness? Shocked I know if something was tossing rocks at me while I was afishing, I'de be otta there licky split - no matter what! Twisted Evil Oh well, at least you and the Mrs. got to enjoy some fishin' time together - that is what counts, you know. beerchug
Back to top Go down
Redbeard

Redbeard

fishing report Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing report   fishing report Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 2:34 am

Nah, didnt hear no wood knockin nor any banjos LOL> We did hear a bobcat or somethin in the cat family. On this side of the lake there aint no homes for miles just open forest, I tend to agree with you capt. cept we dont call em skunk apes around here LOL. Them thar are jest hairy hillbillys. hooked cyclops silent
Back to top Go down
Capt Reggie

fishing report Empty
PostSubject: Hairy Hillbilly's?   fishing report Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 8:09 pm

affraid Okay, Mac. Now you have my attention! I'll just stay in the boat next time, eh? Sleep Read my post from today's adventure and gimme your advice, please. This river fishing is quite challenging for the flatheads. They are quite spooky, maybe? What is your take on fishing around sandbars for them? I wasn't thinking about the sandbars, but rather we were looking for rocks & wood structure. Is the heat of the summer time - like now - a put off for the flatheads...do they sulk in the deep water like I have read about during the day and come out only after dark? There is so darn much that I don't know about fishing for them things it's like Kid's school all over again! scratch Considering that I am an "educated redneck" (which means I have a BS degree in Criminology without the crime time) that can make me foolish sometimes. The only thing keeping me living is good ole God given "horse sense" - sometimes. popcorn
Back to top Go down
Redbeard

Redbeard

fishing report Empty
PostSubject: flat heads   fishing report Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 2:53 am

in the heat they will go deep during the day if they cant find shade under a tree roots or log jam. Theory has it that at night the leave the deep and travel ledges close to the edge of the river or lake. and mud flats. Kind of like Deer huntin, gotta find the right trail or where several trails intersect. Try the ledges, they are natural trails. I dont know about sandbars, but Ive set on sandbars with cactus bob fishin for em. We went out tonight, just got back, Didnt catch enough bait to stay out long, but I did have a good run, just didnt get the hook set good enough. Couple head shakes and it was gone. Took my 4" blue gill with it. Sad we were setup less than 50yds from the arkansas river at the mouth of Lee creek. I like to fish around a train bridge there. Water is high, up in the trees could be where they are............LOL
Back to top Go down
Capt Reggie

fishing report Empty
PostSubject: Thanks, Mac!   fishing report Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 7:53 am

Cool Good advice, Mac! We'll give some of that structure a try next week. Seems like we will be chasing them kitty's early in the mornings now for at least a few trips (until Gene & I get comfortable with running theese new landings and areas to be found) above Bainbridge on the Flint River. What we found yesterday really excited me in terms of a clean looking river system with flowing current and (hopefully) lots of bottom structure! lol! I have a hunch that in the next weeks to follow we will discover wonderful conditions amid a river system that really gets very little pressure. I don't think many people are chasing these catfish - especially now, during the summer months. Wow, that together with the fact that Gene & I fish during the week (we is retired old farts) eliminates almost all fishermen on the rivers and lakes. pirate2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fishing report Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing report   fishing report Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fishing report
Page 1 of 1