CATFISH CORNER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CATFISH CORNER

Catfishing Stories and Tips

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ENTER CHAT ROOMENTER CHAT ROOM  

a good home-made hook sharpener

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

a good home-made hook sharpener Empty
PostSubject: a good home-made hook sharpener   a good home-made hook sharpener Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 4:33 pm

this i learned from a saltwater fisherman that posted it on a another forum and i just had to try it and it works great best hook sharpener i ever used . and the cheapest

take a chain saw file (Oregon) 5/32 come 2 in a pack for bout $3.77 you can break (1) in half and use both pieces or use 2 files but tape both pieces together real tight on each end and you have it a darn good hook sharpener.
Back to top Go down
catfisher

catfisher

Number of posts : 51
Hobbies : catfishing and crappie fishing
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: a good home-made hook sharpener   a good home-made hook sharpener Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 10:37 pm

now that is a good idea!!
Back to top Go down
Redbeard

Redbeard

Number of posts : 258
Hobbies : Fishin, Piddlin on the farm
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: good idea   a good home-made hook sharpener Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 1:11 pm

I never thought of that Drifter. Thats a good Idea, I have a bunch of those files from my wood cuttin days, Fact, I just gave one away this weekend. Guess my boy dont know where Walmart is LOL> santa
Back to top Go down
trublu

trublu

Number of posts : 90
Hobbies : fishin,fishing and shooting and camping
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: a good home-made hook sharpener   a good home-made hook sharpener Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 11:14 pm

drifter wrote:
this i learned from a saltwater fisherman that posted it on a another forum and i just had to try it and it works great best hook sharpener i ever used . and the cheapest

take a chain saw file (Oregon) 5/32 come 2 in a pack for bout $3.77 you can break (1) in half and use both pieces or use 2 files but tape both pieces together real tight on each end and you have it a darn good hook sharpener.

awsome drifter will make up a few mate ,,great info buddy
Back to top Go down
flatiator

flatiator

Number of posts : 319
Hobbies : Catfishing
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: a good home-made hook sharpener   a good home-made hook sharpener Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 7:56 pm

the files work great ,I have used them ever since you posted this idea,,thanks Everett!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a good home-made hook sharpener   a good home-made hook sharpener Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a good home-made hook sharpener
Page 1 of 1