CATFISH CORNER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CATFISH CORNER

Catfishing Stories and Tips

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ENTER CHAT ROOMENTER CHAT ROOM  

boat flooring.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Redbeard

Redbeard

Number of posts : 258
Hobbies : Fishin, Piddlin on the farm
Registration date : 2007-03-05

boat flooring. Empty
PostSubject: boat flooring.   boat flooring. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 12:12 pm

as Cactus bob and a few others know I been workin on my boat forever. Cactus calls it the ussalmostready, but thats ok. In my boat I used that stuff that they sell at cabelas, its a roll on rough texture, I put two coats on at a cost of 80 bucks a coat. Im here to tell ya it aint worth it. I aint even fished out of it an its already peeling. so for the last few days I been scraping the old off, and Im just gonna use porch paint. Now before Cactus bob gets all riled up, it aint gonna take me two years to do it. LOL I'll have it done next week and on the water for trials. depending how it does in trials, will depend on my decision to bring it to tunica. If all goes well, it will be behind my truck. Im just worried about the carbs, I cleaned them up, put a kit in, so Im thinkin all will be fine. When I run it the one time, it ran like a stripped ass ape, kinda scary fast. but after an hour of sitting it wouldnt start without spraying mix in the carbs. I found out that all the hoses was cracked,so I fixed all that an rebuild the carbs. should be good to go now. paint the floor and put on the keel shield, new tire and it should be good to go.............I just need an anchor man. Iffin my middle boy is free I might bring him along to work the anchor LOL.
Back to top Go down
flatiator

flatiator

Number of posts : 319
Hobbies : Catfishing
Registration date : 2007-03-01

boat flooring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: boat flooring.   boat flooring. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 12:42 am

Redbeard, Thanks for the heads up on the lining stuff,, i have debated whether or not it is better than carpet,, but i have had no problems with my carpet,, slime dries up and blows off of the carpet and it is way more quiet when fishin at nite and cooler in the hot sun.
Back to top Go down
trublu

trublu

Number of posts : 90
Hobbies : fishin,fishing and shooting and camping
Registration date : 2007-07-18

boat flooring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: boat flooring.   boat flooring. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 5:47 am

what type a floor have you got mate(redbeard)as we use a paint or resin depending on floor material and add sand to it so we dont slip .
works a treat and easy too recoat when need bee and dont cost a fortune
Back to top Go down
Redbeard

Redbeard

boat flooring. Empty
PostSubject: type of floor   boat flooring. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 3:03 pm

My floor is plywood epoxy saturated, Its a 1967 Skibarge made by kenner. I completely rebuilt the boat, it was my grandfathers boat and I bought it from my Dad after grandpa passed. So I used the best I could find. The flooring was supposed to be the best. Ive recoated it with a slip resistant porch paint. I will from now on just recoat when necessarry. thanks for askin Trublu.
Back to top Go down
trublu

trublu

boat flooring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: boat flooring.   boat flooring. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 9:20 am

NO PROBS RED BEARD ANY CHANCE OF A PICI MATE.

SO ICAN MAKE SURE ITS UP TO MY SCRATCH LOL MATE,JUST HAVING FUN.

SO DID IT COME UP ALRIGHT MATE AND AINT IT GREAT TO HAVE SOME HISTORY OF YA FAMILY MATE.

I GOT BITS AND PEICES MATE LIKE A OLD GUN (22)LITHGOW BOLT ACTION POP GAVE ME AS HE DIED ,

GREAT HEARING THAT MATE
I HOPE YA LEAVE IT FOR YOURS ,IT WOULD BE GREAT
Back to top Go down
Redbeard

Redbeard

boat flooring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: boat flooring.   boat flooring. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 3:29 am

Trublu, I will get a picture on here soon as I figure out what disc they are on LOL. As for my boat, well Life just likes to kick when yer down. Got a report from the boat Doctor and he says I gots a few problems. Said I had great compression but says I need a new stator and trigger assembly, now somehow from last summer to this summer without the boat running these items have stopped working. Makes no sense to me but I have a feeling this feller just wanted to empty my wallet at a tune of $1100.00 smackers. Shocked Shocked so I brought the boat home and am going to buy the manual for it. I can fix most anything So i guess I will fix this, I dont agree with his diagnosis. Cactus Bob looks as though I might not once again have a boat for tunica. If I bring a raft will ya tow me around? LMAO Mac scratch
Back to top Go down

boat flooring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: boat flooring.   boat flooring. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 11:08 am

stater ???????? are you talking about the plate? it could need another but bet there are boxes full of used ones out there .

hey , coach got a munster of a big boat ,plenty of room i hear tell.
Back to top Go down
trublu

trublu

boat flooring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: boat flooring.   boat flooring. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 7:27 am

What a Face cool mate
for starters ,,,lol
thats way to dear ,a good thing u done ,
have a look around at a whole one mate ,
can u send me the year model and motor type and size
as i would like to see how much this dude is taking ya for ,,
i tell ya they should be named cyclops cyclops
i got me hand in some big companys ,
one is BLA
WILL HELP IF I CAN R/B
Back to top Go down
cactus bob

cactus bob

Number of posts : 166
Hobbies : catfishing

boat flooring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: boat flooring.   boat flooring. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 12:10 am

damn mac , scott just told me about this post and i am just now reading it ........ if it is the stator , ebay is usually full of them if u can't find a good one close by .............. and by the way , i got room for three to fish now, if u can't get anybody else to carry u afishing .... Razz
Back to top Go down
Redbeard

Redbeard

boat flooring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: boat flooring.   boat flooring. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 1:30 pm

Thanks Guys, I'll keep my eye on ebay, but I got a feelin there aint nothin wrong with it that a little emery cloth wouldnt cure. I read where they came out with an air gap too wide and a fix is to move it in a bit. I will try that before I go spendin a ton of money. Thanks Mr. bob, I'd like to ride in yer new ride LOL. be like a cadillac Im sure.
Back to top Go down
cactus bob

cactus bob

Number of posts : 166
Hobbies : catfishing

boat flooring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: boat flooring.   boat flooring. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 1:34 pm

affraid ugh ...... did i mention fee.................. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Redbeard

Redbeard

boat flooring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: boat flooring.   boat flooring. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 9:49 pm

Im sure, theres always a fee, so how many gallons...........LMAO
Back to top Go down
trublu

trublu

boat flooring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: boat flooring.   boat flooring. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 1:29 pm

hahahahaah lol @ cactus

hahahah

trublu Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

boat flooring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: boat flooring.   boat flooring. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

boat flooring.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CATFISH CORNER :: CC's COLLECTION :: CATFISH CORNER'S COLLECTION-