CATFISH CORNER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CATFISH CORNER

Catfishing Stories and Tips

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ENTER CHAT ROOMENTER CHAT ROOM  

Mississippi fishing laws

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Muleskinner

Number of posts : 2
Hobbies : Hunt, fish, and Horse & Mule riding
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Mississippi fishing laws Empty
PostSubject: Mississippi fishing laws   Mississippi fishing laws Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 2:58 pm

Flatiator you would be one to know the answer this. Is it legal to chum at any public fishing area in Mississippi? Have you used this technique before? If so what did you use? Does it help attract the fish to one area? Also do any of you have a favorite on making your own bait the dough balls are what have you?
Back to top Go down
dudlbugr

dudlbugr

Number of posts : 35
Hobbies : Fishin', Huntin', Honky Tonkin'
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: MS Code   Mississippi fishing laws Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:34 pm

I looked on the Mississippi Code, and could not find anything about chum, although I would have sworn there was something there. Might be a good question for the MDWFP board. If you're interested in looking for yourself, the MS Code can be found at:
http://michie.com/mississippi/lpext.dll?f=templates&fn=main-h.htm&cp=
Back to top Go down
flatiator

flatiator

Number of posts : 319
Hobbies : Catfishing
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi fishing laws   Mississippi fishing laws Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 8:54 pm

Hey Muleskinner, I looked on the regs too and didnt see anything either,,like Dudlbugr said, it is a good question for the mdwfp site, or if you are fishing at lakes , you could call the park ranger and ask him,,i have never chummed before but i have heard of people usin dog food and i see some commercial chum for sale at catfish connection,,, and i also dont use dough bait, but there are alot of different dought baits for sale too
Back to top Go down
dudlbugr

dudlbugr

Number of posts : 35
Hobbies : Fishin', Huntin', Honky Tonkin'
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi fishing laws   Mississippi fishing laws Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 10:04 pm

I'm thinking that maybe I had heard it was illegal for game fish, but then again, that was 20 years ago, so who knows? Ask the MDWFP... the moderators will steer you right. I remember that a fella that used to drive tractors for my dad would buy canned alpo, tie a can to a brick, and punch holes in the can. He'd then throw the cans out in his fishing hole in the morning, and go over there a couple of hours later and wear the brim out. I guess, if nothing else, he'd get a ticket for littering, huh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi fishing laws   Mississippi fishing laws Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mississippi fishing laws
Page 1 of 1