CATFISH CORNER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CATFISH CORNER

Catfishing Stories and Tips

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ENTER CHAT ROOMENTER CHAT ROOM  

1-way to rig large live bait with circle hook

Go down 
AuthorMessage

1-way to rig  large live bait with circle hook Empty
PostSubject: 1-way to rig large live bait with circle hook   1-way to rig  large live bait with circle hook Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 9:23 pm

here is how i found to rig large live bait on a circle hook
i use a crochet hook but a straightened out fish hook or paper clip with bend in the end of paper clip will work fine,
(1) take a 2" length of line tie ends together and hook over your circle hook
(2) run the crochet needle behind the eyes of the bait through the eye socket and pull loop on hook through and then hook that end on circle hook there it is attached to bait
(3) hold hook ,twist bait till all slack is twisted up snug to bait then run point of circle hook under line from nose of bait backward then it is a snug fit and will stay on good 1-way to rig  large live bait with circle hook Baitcirclehooks
Back to top Go down
gofish

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-10

1-way to rig  large live bait with circle hook Empty
PostSubject: Coach Adams rig   1-way to rig  large live bait with circle hook Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 10:27 pm

This is a rig that Coach showed me how to use while drift fishing. I've used it ever since for all tightlining. He rigs his with the tube and also adds a cork (sometimes) to the tube. I prefer to fish it without the straw but in side by side comparisons, the rig with the tube tends to catch more fish.

1-way to rig  large live bait with circle hook Catfis10
Back to top Go down

1-way to rig large live bait with circle hook
Page 1 of 1